Like most of us our customers hate waiting. Having to wait for a long time on the phone or waiting for a response on the internet or via email is extremely frustrating for customers and this could be reason why they may stop doing business with you.
Luckily for all of us there are many thing you can do to cut down on customer wait time. We all know the customer is king, so then why don’t business take the customers time seriously? Many business don’t optimise their processes to cut wait times of their customers and all this results in is losing customers.
Steps to cut down on your customer wait times:
- The most important step you can take is to make a company-wide commitment to reduce customers’ wait time.
- Look at your current processes and see where you can cut customer wait times. Make sure you service the customer as quickly as possible.
- Take a look at your technology as this can have a big impact on employees’ response time on serving customers. For example if your computer is slow your response time will be slow. Employees who are customer-facing such as sales reps and customer service reps should have better performing computers and networks.
- Make sure your company has enough customer-facing employees so every customer can be served as quick as possible.
- Have policies in place to reduce customer wait times. A good example is to have the phone answered by the third ring.
- Having a voice response system could have negative effects on how quickly you serve a customer. These systems are frustrating for many of us, so why should we make our customers suffer?
Reducing customer wait times is a daily battle but at the end of the day you would have improved your customer experience and improved your customer service which means you will increase customer loyalty and ultimately increase your sales.
Give our system a try and sign up for a free 14 day trial.