Email marketing is still really popular and is still really useful. However, many companies don’t achieve a great outcome – their open rates are low and their response rate is even lower, business email response rates are typically in the low single digits even though companies put in a lot of effort and money into their email campaigns. There are a few things you can do to make your emails get a better response rate: Subject lines:
Before you can even get a response from your email recipients, you have to get your email opened. According to Avasam
- Emails with personalised subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened – (P.S. Check out Avasam's article - Email marketing statistics you need to know in 2020
for additional interesting email marketing statistics). Email message:
Your message should be short, simple and compelling. Your main goal when creating your message should be to get your email recipients to understand your email offering and the benefits of what you have to offer. Your message needs to be as short as possible without losing value.
Call to action:
Your marketing emails should include a marketing email – a call to action is a button or link prompting your email readers to click. Call to action buttons helps with improving conversions because they stand out and are clear. Call to action button tips:
- Use action words (e.g. Download Now!)
- Make sure the text in your button is large and eligible.
- Keep it short.
- Create a sense of urgency.
- Use bright colours.
- Always test your buttons.